This article applies to players who receive the following VAN9005 notification:
VALORANT won't run on your machine starting July 10, 2023, unless you take action.
Your best option is to change your BIOS mode to UEFI and enable TPM 2.0. If those features are unavailable on your machine, you can still run VALORANT on Windows 10 by disabling Virtualization-based security (VBS).
Step 1: Check if your system supports UEFI Mode and TPM 2.0
- Press the Windows key.
- Type msinfo32 and press Enter. The System Information window opens.
- In the left panel, click System Summary.
- Scroll down the panel on the right and look for the BIOS Mode value:
- The BIOS Mode value should be UEFI
- Press the Windows key.
- Type tpm.msc and press Enter.
- If TPM is unsupported or not enabled, you will see something like this:
If TPM is supported, you will see something like this:
- Status: The TPM is ready for use.
- Specification Version: 2.0
Step 2: Change to UEFI Mode and Enable TPM 2.0
If UEFI mode and TPM 2.0 are supported on your machine, enable both settings.
When you enable both settings, you should be all set and you shouldn’t see the notification the next time you run VALORANT even if you have VBS enabled.
Step 3 (If you can't do Step 2): Disable VBS
If UEFI and TPM 2.0 are not supported on your machine, you can disable VBS to keep playing VALORANT.
How to disable VBS (Virtualization-based security):
First check whether VBS is enabled:
- In the Windows Start menu, search msinfo32 and press Enter to open System Information.
- Scroll down the panel on the right to find Virtualization-based security. If it's Running, then VBS is enabled.
If it's Running, you can use the following steps to disable VBS:
- Open a command prompt and run it as an admin.
- Paste this command and press Enter:
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
- Restart your computer.
- Check msinfo32 again to confirm that Virtualization-based security is Not Running. If it says that it’s still Running, you need to also disable Core isolation (HVCI):
To disable Core isolation (HVCI):
- In the Windows Start menu, search Core isolation and press Enter to open your Device security settings.
- Toggle Memory integrity off and restart your computer.
After either enabling TPM 2.0 or disabling VBS, try relaunching VALORANT to confirm that the notification went away. If you're still seeing the notification, reach out to player support with a brief summary of the steps you've taken so far.